We are happy for people to contact us directly if they wish to have help or learn about setting up a sustainable body-based meditation practice. Any queries you may have from:
- Learning a simple body-based meditation technique
- How to find room in your day to practice
- How to set up and maintain a practice
- Aspects of meditation practice that are really important to be aware of…..how we support you comes from what you are needing to know or are struggling with
Ph 094329863 or 0275329863
Over 30 years of healing we have seen many people improve their health, sometimes dramatically. Unfortunately, over time the pace of some people’s healing declines or even reverses. This is usually due to subconscious blockages limiting energy flows in the body, hence restricting further healing.
Regular effective meditation (sitting, walking and living) practice can be a very powerful way to eliminate these blockages and stimulate long term sustainable health. Continually arising subconscious blockages referred to as samskaras or defilements.
Mindfulness should happen through out our day, not just while we are sitting in meditation. A regular meditation practice helps us to mindfully walk through our day, whilst developing awareness.
Precepts to a quality meditation practice…
- Eliminate addictions – coffee, alcohol, drugs etc
- Eat a nutritionally dense diet of your choice
- Find the time – setup a regular routine for your meditation practice – a time that you can sustainably uphold
- Turn off the TV and mindless social media
- Create a space to meditate where it is quiet and comfortable
- Prepare body and mind for your meditation session. Creating a routine that gets both your body and mind ready to successfully meditate. Balance your focus and relax – feel yourself and know if you’re ready or going to have a productive meditation response, so you are not too focused, and take time to relax before you meditate.
- Be comfortable in meditation so you can meditate for long periods at a time – find what accessories help you meditate well eg. shawls, cushions etc. See the link for black dragon meditation seats (https://www.blackdragonseats.com.au/collections/all) which I wholeheartedly recommend to any serious mediator who likes to meditate on the floor, but does not handle being cross legged for long sitting periods.
- Attend a formal intensive meditation retreat eg. 10 Day Vipassana meditation retreat in Kaukapakapa (https://medini.dhamma.org/) to learn techniques to effectively meditate as well as the conditions needed to set up a healthy sustainable practice at home.
Benefits of a regular meditation practice…
Meditation is a fundamental component of any holistic healing program that focuses on healing the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels of our being
- allows us to gain experiential wisdom of the four noble truths and understand why we should follow the eight fold path
- fundamental to the healing of our physical body and disease
- increases serotonin and dopamine production, which helps alleviate depression and stress, increasing calmness, creativity and clarity
- opens and broadens our minds to new ideas, thoughts and promotes restful sleep
- helps us not react of our thoughts, feelings and emotions, leading to less nervousness, drama, and negative reactions in our everyday lives
- can drastically improve our moods by increasing the production of positive neurotransmitters – helping to reduce anxiety, anger, frustration etc, while promoting the ability to forgive self and others
Subtle benefits can be experienced immediately. Meditating every now and again is positive and you will notice changes in your consciousness. However, a regular daily meditation practice is optimal to raise your consciousness, improve your wellbeing, physical health and re-aligns you with your highest good.
“Peace, freedom, and happiness can be found right here in this very life, if only we can learn the art of handling our suffering” – Thich Nhat Hanh