Many people ask me.. why am I sick?
My usual answer would suggest that the body is in toxic overload, causing inflammation throughout the body. This nearly always puts the person’s’ immune system into an autoimmune reaction, where it attacks its own organs and creates more inflammation and leads to a downward health spiral. Most chronic Western dis-eases are inflammatory based ie joint pain, IBS, cardiovascular disease etc. The question is what causes this inflammation. 80% of the time it is related to toxicity and the other 20% is due to incubating virals.
Toxicity can also lead to other serious health problems like cancers or dementia.
Common causes of toxicity in New Zealand
It is critical to get an effective organ and cellular detox of the body. In New Zealand the main toxicities are herbicides, pesticides, heavy metals (mercury, lead), and petrochemical based chemicals. The human body is not designed to eliminate these foreign toxicities and they tend to accumulate in the elimination organs of the liver, kidneys, lungs, and when these are overloaded, the toxicity backlogs the lymphatics and the brain.
A classic toxicity in New Zealand is the dioxin-mercury matrix that locks toxins in the liver and then accumulates other toxins on top of it.
Technically, if you are not getting an effective liver detox happening, then your not being healed. You are therefore just pushing toxins around the body and at best suppressing symptoms short term.
Clinic experience with toxicity
In my experience of treating heavily-toxified patients (farmers and horticulturalists with very serious health illnesses, who had a history of spraying with toxic chemicals over time) it is vital not to use one or two very strong detoxing herbs as they can cause the liver to grasp and tighten onto toxins and not release toxicity. Hence, I developed a system of using a chain of five NZ native herbs that help the liver to release the toxins and remove them from the body gently. This gives the body a strong organ detox.
The liposomal Vitamin C does a very effective cellular detox. This goes a level deeper than the organ detox. Of course these two products work extremely well together. It is usually recommended that they are taken together due to the fact that most people’s livers are compromised and they need an assistance in toxin flushing.
Effects of Detoxing
Detoxing healing effects can include short term headaches and feeling lethargic, but usually after 3 to 4 days people start to feel an energy lift. Effective cellular and organ detoxes will be very beneficial to anybody with an inflammatory or autoimmune condition. As soon as enough toxicity is removed from the body, the immune system automatically (unless there is an incubating viral) stops attacking the body and starts to identify foreign pathogens eg virals and bacterials.
In New Zealand it’s nearly impossible to stay toxin free, so even if we consider ourselves vibrant and healthy, it is beneficial for our longevity and long term health to annually go through a detox regime as above.
It is recommended that people restrict or at best eliminate alcohol, coffee and smoking from their diets during detoxing periods.